Benefits of Strength Training in 2023.
Strength training or Resistance training is the performance of physical exercises that are created to improve strength and endurance. We can do strength training with or without equipment. It provides help us to preserve and enhance our muscle mass at any age.
It can also help you to develop strong bones by stressing your bones, Increasing bone density, and reducing the risk of osteoporosis. By Strength training, we can manage to lose weight or gain weight and it can extend our metabolism to help us to burn calories.
It enhances your quality of life and better your ability to do activities every day. It also protects your joints from injuries. It is also considered a form of anaerobic exercise.
Benefits of Strength Training.
It is a type of physical exercise involving resistance to build muscle strength, endurance, and size. It can be done using free weights, weight machines, resistance bands, or bodyweight exercises.
Here are some benefits of strength training:-
1. Build muscle mass: Strength training is an excellent way to increase muscle mass and improve muscle definition As you gain muscle, you will notice an increase in strength and endurance, which can help you to perform better in daily activities and sports.
2. Boosts metabolism: Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, even when you’re not exercising. This means that strength training can increase your metabolism and help you to burn calories throughout the day.
3. Improve bone density: It stresses your bones, stimulating the growth of new bone tissue. This can help prevent osteoporosis and reduce the risk of fracture.
4. Enhances joint health: It can help strengthen the muscles that support your joints, reducing the risk of injury and Improving overall joint health.
5. Increase energy level: It can boost your energy levels by increasing blood flow and delivering oxygen to your muscles.
6. Reduces risk of chronic disease: Regular strength training has been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
7. Improves mental health: It has been shown to improve mood, reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, and boosts self-esteem.
8. Enhances athletic Performance: It can improve your performance in sports and other physical activities by increasing your power
Strength Training is so beneficial for those who are age 60 or older because these type of exercises helps them to build muscle strength, and muscle mass and preserve bone density. Strength training can improve weakness and fragility.
It is beneficial for diabetes patients because it helps to utilize body insulin better which can help lower blood glucose levels.
Recommendation by the experts Doing strength training at least twice a week in addition to aerobic activities.
Here are some examples of these activities:-
- Weightlifting or weight machines and free weights exercises at the Gym.
- I am using resistance bands.
- Lifting light weights and objects like canned goods or water bottles at home.
- Use your own body as a weight (pushups, Squats, lunges, wall-sits, and planks).
Exercise and strength training play a significant role in managing diabetes and other diseases and give us the to live a healthy life.
Overall Strength training is a great way to improve your health and fitness, no matter your age and fitness level. It can help you to build muscles, boost your metabolism, improve bone density and joint health, increase energy levels, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and enhance your physical and mental performance.
It can be done in a variety of settings, including at home, in a gym, or with the help of a personal trainer. It is recommended that individuals consult a qualified trainer or health care professional before starting any new exercise, especially if they have a history of injuries or medical conditions.